Microsoft Corporation—Microsoft AC Power Cordset for Surface Pro, Pro 2 & Selected Pro 3 Models
AC power cord set for Microsoft Surface Pro and Pro 2, and for certain Surface Pro 3 sold on or before 15 July 2015.
Cordsets supplied with other Surface devices are not affected by this recall.
There are no identifying serial or bar code numbers on the AC power cords.
What are the defects?
The AC supply flexible cord of the cordset can fail at the entry to the appliance connector where it plugs into the power supply unit for the device, or at the entry to the power socket.
What are the hazards?
Risk of electric shock and fire.
Where the product was sold
Traders who sold this product
The products were sold to consumers by Microsoft Store Online, JB Hi-Fi and Harvey Norman, and to commercial customers by Microsoft authorised device resellers, between February 2013 and July 2015.
• Surface Pro: 9th February 2013 - 15th March 2015
• Surface Pro 2: 22nd October 2013 - 15th March 2015
• Surface Pro 3: 20th June 2014 - 15th July 2015
Supplier's web site
What should consumers do?
* Stop using your AC power cordset immediately if you have a Surface Pro, Pro 2, or pre July 15, 2015, Pro 3. Switch off the power at the socket outlet and disconnect it.
* Discard the AC power cordset so it cannot be reused.
* To request a replacement AC power cordset or further information on this recall, contact Microsoft Corporation at the Microsoft Surface Pro AC Power Cord Replacement Program website at www.surface.com/powercord or call 1300 956 757.
Advertisements and supporting documentation
Recall Notice - Microsoft AC power cordset Surface.pdf (715.5 KB)