UTC Fire & Security Australia Pty Ltd t/as Interlogix—449 Series Self-Diagnostic Photoelectric Smoke Detector
Photo Electric Smoke & Thermal detector 449 Series Self-Diagnostic Photoelectric Smoke Detector used to detect smoke threats and communicate to a security panel.
The recall only affects certain model numbers (see Identifying Numbers section, below) manufactured between March 25th, 2013 and February 28th, 2014, which will have date codes between 13084 and 14059.
449 Series Self-Diagnostic Photoelectric Smoke Detector with the below model numbers and with date codes between 13084 and 14059:
What are the defects?
When the Smoke Detectors are near a device with frequency levels ranging between 440Mhz – 470Mhz, the Smoke Detectors may possibly become idle or activate false alarms. Some devices, such as Satellite Phones and hand-held ‘Walkie Talkies’, use this frequency range for their operation.
What are the hazards?
If the Smoke Detector is idle it may not serve its purpose of alerting users in case of fire, which can contribute to further damage to people or property.
Dates available for sale
25th March 2013 - 28th February 2014
Where the product was sold
Traders who sold this product
Direct Alarm Supplies (DAS)
Both DAS and Alarmcorp are distributors of Interlogix in Australia and have sold the Smoke Detectors to third party resellers.
UTC Fire & Security Australia Pty Ltd trading as Interlogix
Supplier's web site
What should consumers do?
1. Please refer to the attached document ‘449 Series Self-Diagnostic Photoelectric Smoke Detector: Checking the Model and Date Code’ for instructions how to check the manufacturing date on your detector.
2. If your smoke detector has a date code between 13084 and 14059 (that is, from March 25th, 2013 to February 28th, 2014) please contact your Installer to arrange for a replacement unit to be installed.
3. If you are unsure who your Installer is, please contact 1800 700 006 to arrange for a replacement to be installed.
HOW TO CONTACT INTERLOGIX:
• Call Interlogix on 1800 700 006 (9:00am to 5:00pm, 5 days a week)
• Email Interlogix at firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertisements and supporting documentation
449 Series Self-Diagnostic Photoelectric Smoke Detector: Checking the Model and Date Code.pdf (183.7 KB)